What this blog IS:
- It's me just throwing some ideas or thoughts out there - sometimes I'm in a teaching mood and sometimes I just want to share a little piece of my day.
- It's a collection of pictures, taken with my iPhone. Imagine me (see photo above) wandering around my home or office, dust cloth in hand, setting up little vignettes to illustrate the topic of the day. Sometimes I venture into the yard, sometimes they're pics from projects, vacations or shopping trips.
- It's created in a totally ethical, sustainable and fair-trade sort of way. Seems like a no-brainer, but there are other ways to create a blog post and you see them every day. Which leads me to:
What it's NOT:
- It's not a place where you will hear about the virtues of spending big money on "curated," "bespoke," or "innovative" items when they are none of those things. I'm not into stuff. I'm into life and creating rooms that make life very pleasant. I'm not into pretending. I'm into reality--life is messy and I design with ease of maintenance in mind.
- It's not a candy store filled with professional photos grabbed off the internet. While I would love to use those fab photos, it requires obtaining written permission for every single one. Who has time for that? It's so much harder to write a blog without those gorgeous pictures that I did not take myself, but it's ethical and fair.
- It's not a monetized blog. I'm not here to sell you anything. There are no ads.
So it's not a fancy design blog. I do just fine by being myself (although maybe at the next photo shoot a necklace wouldn't hurt). I'm a formally trained and experienced interior designer and I dabble in blogging.
Welcome to my dabble!